Here are the final water safety tips to ensure we are doing our best to prevent drowning at all times. Click here to view the earlier water safety tips we’ve posted.
- Select a pool safety fence with strong support posts
- Protect your skin from direct sunlight with sunscreen
- Know how and when to call 911 or the local emergency number
- Do no prop open your pool fence gate
- Remember that pool floats are not approved safety devices.
- During hot days in the sun, remember to keep kids hydrated.
- Refrain from dunking or other rough horseplay
- Have a family safety plan in place in case of emergency
- Be sure your pool uses anti-entrapment or safety drain covers
- Select a pool fence with posts that can twist-lock securely into your patio.
Have a great Summer and remember—water safety is a year-round focus for those of us in the warmer climates!